Join the Movement
"For Our Children's Tomorrow"
● I will be a champion of fully funding and advocating for more funds for MPS at the state level.
● We need to stop the outflow of students from our schools and to achieve this I will focus on reaching out to the community to build strong ties and renew trust in our school district.
● I will lead by listening, improving engagement and decision-making so that students, families, and educators are at the center.
● I am committed to working to improve graduation rates by offering a curriculum that focuses on student choices to include a path towards learning workplace skills and trades as well as the traditional college preparatory pathway. I believe that we must engage and partner with regional technical and community colleges to institute more engaging career paths and opportunities.
● I believe that the board has failed to respond to the changing diversity reflected in the student body. Therefore, I am committed and passionate about working to recruit and hire more teachers and ESPs of color from HBCUs, and to help educational support professionals get the recognition they deserve.
● I am committed to listening to the community, educators and students.
● I will work on building the trust lost in between the families, the school board and the school district.